Sunday 4 January 2009

12 Week Scan


Happy holidays everyone; I haven't updated in ages so thought I'd do a quickie this morning.

We had our 12 week scan on 29th December at Wansbeck General Hospital in Ashington. A different hospital than I was at when I had Ben -- North Tyneside General, which has changed to a midwife-led delivery service. That means if (touch wood) I'm so unfortunate to have some complications during labour and delivery, I'm facing a 20 minute ambulance ride to Wansbeck, where there are consultant obsetricians. I think I'd rather have a 20 minute car trip at the start of labour than a scary ambulance one... 20 minutes is a long time.

Anyway -- so we head out to Wansbeck. As Ben has been so excited, we thought we would take him with us to the scan. Mistake! I think it was just excitement, but he was so naughty at the hospital! Once we got in the imaging room, poor Jason barely saw any of the scan because Ben was tearing around fascinated by all the machinery wanting to know what things were called, etc. I just lay there, belly all glooped up and a little teary-eyed, for there, on the screen, was Proctor Baby Number 2 in the flesh!

It was veeeeeeery different from my first ultrasound with Ben... Ben was a wriggler, he was never still. Shaking his arms and legs, doing a little 'Hey, look at me!' dance. But this one was just all laid back and comfy, with a really steady little heartbeat.

Will post more later -- here are my pictures.

No comments: