Friday 10 December 2010

No Poorly Whales Here

SCENE: A BEDROOM


A voluptuous woman is getting ready for bed. As we have come to know, our heroine has excellent hair. A man enters. Quite incredibly, he has no beard.

W: Put the big light off, will you?

M: Wait a minute, I’m just going to get a drink of water.

W: Ew, not out of that manky bottle next to your bed! You know, you should wash that out occasionally. It’s got a worrying greenish tinge.

M: I cleaned it the other day, I’ll have you know.

W: Great. Ssssh. I am now asleep.

(The man switches off the light. A few moments passes.)

M: Anyway – you should know that algae is good for whales.

W: (sitting up) Excuse me… just as a point of clarification, tell me – is one of us supposed to be a WHALE in this scenario?!

M: No, but you know how they say carrots are good for your eyes?

W: What the… what? I am having difficulty finding the golden thread of the alleged logical sequencing in your argument. Think very carefully before you speak next.

M: RABBITS EAT CARROTS, am I right?

W: Er…

M: Well, whales eat algae and you never hear about POORLY WHALES, do you?

(fin)

Follow the past adventures of our intrepid couple here, here, here and here.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I can't stop laughing. Not even a little bit.

Millylynn said...

Please know that you a humour that is unmistakable, incredibly intelligent and leaves me choking on my giggles everytime. I love it.

Anonymous said...

it was my idea. i'm the funny one with the clever material. in future i'm not going to think aloud - thoughts will be kept in my head and posted at Daddy P. Toon Aboot Canuck. Then we'll see who's the dude.